11.18.2010

The Aftermath

I'm currently living with the aftermath of a haircut that involves getting bangs.  While it was fun and cute while it lasted and I admit I felt a little NYC-chic, the maintenance was a little much for me.  It's the little things that you don't think of when you are considering that chic haircut, or if you're like me, don't think about it period just tell your stylist to CUT.

For example...
*I was just getting into the habit of washing my hair every other day.  This is key since my hair is getting pretty long and it takes me roughly 30 minutes to fix in the mornings.  15 to dry, 15 to straighten.  With bangs, expect to wake up each day with your bangs sticking out every which way, very similar to a greasy rooster.  The only thing to calm them down would be to get them wet and start over, so most mornings I decided to just shampoo.
*Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance!  I'm pretty good about getting a cut/color every 6-8 weeks because I'm a hair snob.  With bangs, expect to go in for a trim once a month if you'd like to be able to see out of your eyes.  Otherwise, you'll have impaired vision.  With your color, there will be no question if you need to keep your 8 week appointments.  By this point, your roots will be covering your eyelashes.
*Growing out is awful.  I'm currently at the awkward growth point where they're too short to tuck behind my ears, but too long that they seriously cover my eyes.  I have 3 looks - bobby pinned with a mini poof with strays sticking out ever which way, a thin headband (I look like a 5-year old), and bobby pins on each side (just looks weird).  Hopefully this awkward stage will be gone very soon!

I'll leave you with a pic of my bangs and with hopes that putting this in writing will remind me to think otherwise next time I consider a drastic change.  Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment